5 November, 2013
Whole wheat press cookies
I had iced a cake recently and had a lot of leftover frosting. Since I had used organic Spectrum shortening (with non-hydrogenated palm oil) to make icing, I did not have the heart to throw it away. So, here’s a quick recipe that I worked out to make cookies using it.
Preparation time: 20 minutes for dough prep and 15 minutes to bake.
Icing- 1/4 cup
white whole wheat flour- 1/2 cup
tapioca starch- 1 tbsp.
butter- 1/8 cup
vanilla- 1 tsp.
milk- 3-4 tsp.
1. Mix the flour and tapioca starch with icing, add vanilla extract and melted butter to it.
2. Add milk slowly to get the right consistency for a cookie press.
3. Fill a cookie press with the dough and create desired shapes by pressing onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat.
4. Bake at 350 F in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.
This makes about 15 cookies.