2 November, 2013
Fiber crackersComments : 4 Posted in : Crackers, Juicing on by : apsara Tags: Bake, crackers, Fiber, healthy snack, Whole-wheat flour
This is a great way to use the fiber from a juicer.
whole wheat flour (atta)- 1 cup
oat flour- 1 cup
oil- 1/2 cup (I use canola or olive oil)
baking powder- 1 tsp.
sugar- 2 tsp.
salt- 2 tsp.
red chilly powder- 3/4 tsp.
sesame seeds- 1 tbsp.
finely chopped onion- 1/4 cup
fiber- 1 cup
* Mix all the dry ingredients.
* Add oil, sesame seeds, fold in the onion and fiber.
* Make a stiff dough and roll out between 2 sheets of wax paper into a sheet about 1/8″ thick or as thin as you want it.
* Use a pizza knife to cut out squares. Poke holes in the squares with a fork.
* Place the squares on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 F for 20-22 min.
Total cooking time is roughly 35 minutes. This yields 30-35 crackers. They are so yummy that one batch of crackers are devoured within 3 days in my house!