23 October, 2013
Finger-millet chocolate cookies
Few ingredients taste delicious with finger millet as well as cocoa powder. Here is a recipe for healthy ragi cookies with whole ingredients. Makes a popular snack for kids.
Ragi (finger-millet) flour- 1 cup
Whole wheat pastry flour- 1/2 cup
cocoa powder (unsweetened)- 2 tbsp.
baking powder- 1/2 tsp.
baking soda- 1/4 tsp.
butter- 1/4 cup
coconut oil- 1/4 cup
powdered raw sugar- 3/4 cup
applesauce (homemade, organic)- 1/3 cup
vanilla extract- 1 tsp.
1. Mix together butter, coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla, sugar.
2. Combine dry ingredients and mix with the wet mixture to form a thick, knead-able dough.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll out a sheet. Use cookie cutters to make shapes or make rough circles with hands. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 350 °F for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 30 cookies.
Here is the original version:
1. Applesauce can be made by heating apple slices in a pan to make it soft and making a paste using a blender. Organic apples don’t have to be peeled prior to cooking.
2. Raw sugar can be powdered in a coffee grinder.