22 October, 2013
coriander-mint brown riceComments : 2 Posted in : Main course on by : apsara Tags: brown rice, coriander, mint leaves
This is a wonderful sattvik recipe that makes brown rice taste delicious. I got this idea of using fresh coriander-mint paste from my co-sister. This is my version of it:
fresh coriander- 2 bunches
fresh mint- 1 bunch
green chilies- 2-3
frozen green peas- a handful
asafoetida (powder)- a pinch
mustard seeds- a few
canola oil- 1 tbsp.
turmeric powder- a pinch
* Wash and grind coriander, mint leaves and green chilies with very little addition of water.
* Heat oil, fry mustard seeds and asafoetida . Add roughly chopped tomatoes. Add peas, salt, turmeric; saute till most of the water has gone.
* Add coriander-mint paste, let simmer for a few minutes. Try not to overcook the green mixture, or the fresh taste of the herbs goes away.
* For additional taste and protein, lightly fried paneer/cheese cubes may be added. This also serves to absorb excess water.
* Mix lightly with cooled basmati brown rice, with some oil.
2 thoughts on : coriander-mint brown rice
This is a nice recipe – should try it some time. I make something similar but more on the lines of pudina pulav. (so it is with onion and garlic)
tried this one too..delicious…would love to see more such quick and healthy lunch box recipes:)