15 January, 2014
Three bean salad with coriander-ginger dressing
This is by far the best combination I have had in a salad- beans with a green dressing containing ginger. The beans add protein and substance to the salad and ginger counteracts any of the gas produced by the beans. My awesome sister-in-law gave me the idea for this dressing.
I used kidney beans and sprouted black-eyed peas and northern beans this time, but any beans can be added. Look here for sprouting tips.
cooked beans- 3 cups
chopped Romaine lettuce- from one bunch
chopped green onion- 4 (discard top portion of leaves and root)
grated carrot- 1/2 cup
cilantro- 1 bunch (discard thick stems)
peeled ginger- 1 inch piece
large lime- 1
extra-virgin olive oil- 1 tbsp.
salt- to taste
1. Soak the beans separately overnight and allow 24-40 hours for sprouting. I have not had luck sprouting kidney beans, but the others yield sprouts that can be stored in the fridge till the salad needs to be made.
2. Cook all the beans together in a pressure cooker/pan till soft. Add salt to the cooked beans and mix well.
3. Add ginger, coriander, juice from the lime and olive oil to a blender and process till smooth.
4. Add the chopped green onions in the dressing and allow to sit till the other ingredients are ready.
5. Toss all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
5 thoughts on : Three bean salad with coriander-ginger dressing
Pingback: Guest Post by Apsara : Sprouted Black Eye Beans Cooked 2 Ways – Sweet and Spicy ( Vegan and Gluten Free) | simplyvegetarian777
Hello there! I have been looking at some of your recipes this morning. This looks so good! My son and I are not big meat eaters so nice to find vege recipes. Thanks for sharing! Great blog here!
thank you, Arlene. I’m glad you like it!
Love d dressing.. will try it soon 🙂
thank you! Let me know, srividhya. 🙂