24 June, 2015
Strawberry Mint Lemonade for Diabetes Free Thursdays
Sipping on some diabetic mocktails and coolers with team DFT!
Summer is here, and what better way to celebrate than a yummy drink to cool off! This was a particularly good combination in a lemonade that we enjoyed!
Strawberries add fiber and also helps in adding bulk or keeps us feel full longer. Has a glycemic index of 40 (anything less than 55 is considered “low” or good). Read more here why it is good for diabetics. Dates add natural sweetness, important minerals and fiber in any drink. Mint adds lovely flavor and boosts metabolism.
Strawberry Mint Lemonade (refined sugar-free)
big ripe strawberries- 5
big lemon- 1
mint leaves- 4-5
Medjool dates- 3
water- 3-4 cups
sea salt- 1/4 tsp.
1. Wash strawberries, remove the stem and chop them roughly. Chop dates roughly.
2. Blend them together with mint leaves till smooth.
3. Combine with water, salt and juice of a lemon. Chill till serving time.
1. Depending on the sweetness of strawberries, more dates may be required for taste.
2. Medjool dates are typically sweeter and softer, so blending is easier. Other dates may need prior soaking in water in order to get a smooth texture.
3. Suggested serving size: 4 or 6 oz.
I am not a nutritionist or a dietitian. My knowledge is based on my research and reading from different resources. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet.
Check out these other mocktails from the DFT team!
Sonal: Jal Jeera/Mint Cooler
Shailja: Indian Java Plum Mocktail
Prachi: Aloe Vera Peach Punch
Swati: Cucumber Mint Lemonade
Parvathy: Orange Iced Tea Flavored With Basil
Chahat: Grape Pineapple Mint Fizz
Suchitra: Strawberry Watermelon Kiwi Cooler
Srividhya: Non alcoholic Green Tea Spritzer with Fruits