22 October, 2013
coriander-mint brown riceComments : 2 Posted in : Main course on by : apsara Tags: brown rice, coriander, mint leaves
This is a wonderful sattvik recipe that makes brown rice taste delicious. I got this idea of using fresh coriander-mint paste from my co-sister. This is my version of it:
fresh coriander- 2 bunches
fresh mint- 1 bunch
green chilies- 2-3
frozen green peas- a handful
asafoetida (powder)- a pinch
mustard seeds- a few
canola oil- 1 tbsp.
turmeric powder- a pinch
* Wash and grind coriander, mint leaves and green chilies with very little addition of water.
* Heat oil, fry mustard seeds and asafoetida . Add roughly chopped tomatoes. Add peas, salt, turmeric; saute till most of the water has gone.
* Add coriander-mint paste, let simmer for a few minutes. Try not to overcook the green mixture, or the fresh taste of the herbs goes away.
* For additional taste and protein, lightly fried paneer/cheese cubes may be added. This also serves to absorb excess water.
* Mix lightly with cooled basmati brown rice, with some oil.